Reversing the discount in Shopify or finishing the PreProduct listing will wipe the discount and pre-order customers will be charged the full amount.
This is obviously a problem if you’ve already collected pre-orders with the promise of a discount. There are two possible approaches to address this:
1. Trigger payment links and keep the listing as a pre-order for a couple of days. In your payment link emails you could mention something like ‘pre-order discounts will be valid for the next 48 hours…’. This is quite a common approach and can give a helpful sense of urgency to customers.
2. This second approach will only work for non-deposit based pre-orders.
– You could finish the pre-order listing, which will reverse the product’s discount.
– Then generate a Shopify discount code. (Being careful to specify just that product as being applicable)
– Then include that code in your payment links template before sending payment links out.
Powered by BetterDocs
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment.
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.