PreProduct piggybacks off of existing Shopify products and will hide the buy now button whenever there is active correlating listing in PreProduct.
There are two ways to finish a listing:
- Find the name of the PreProduct listing that you would like to finish from the main dashboard. Then simply click the flag icon to the right of its name. You should see the entry pop down to the ‘past listings’ section and its status should change to ’Not a Pre-order’.
- In the product dashboard for the specific product, you can click on the ‘Finish listing’ button on the left-hand side.
In precise terms, finishing a listing does these things:
- Stop the pre-order front-end showing up. (Returning to whatever Shopify default would apply)
- Un-ticks the ‘continue selling when out of stock’ box in the Shopify product section.
- Removes the PreProduct metafields which are sometimes used in theme files to discern if a product is on pre-order.
- And… if a discount was listed through PreProduct, it will be reversed.